crime

Man held for attempting to kidnap minor in northwest Delhi

Published by
Patriot Bureau

Delhi: A 22-year-old man was arrested on Sunday for allegedly attempting to abduct a minor boy in northwest Delhi’s Keshav Puram area, police said on Monday.

The accused, identified as Govind, was caught in the act and detained after local residents raised an alarm and intervened. The police said the man had previously been booked under the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act in a 2022 case.

The incident occurred near the Lawrence Road Industrial Area. According to officials, a few people noticed the accused behaving suspiciously and stepping in to take the child away.

A PCR van in the vicinity, staffed by a sub-inspector and a constable, responded immediately and began pursuing the man. A head constable from the Keshav Puram police station also joined the chase.

Also Read: Delhi Police busts exam cheating racket; dummy candidate, two school staff and woman held

“As the police team approached from both directions, the accused allegedly left the child and tried to flee. He was caught shortly after a brief chase,” said Deputy Commissioner of Police (Northwest) Bhisham Singh.

The child was rescued without injury and reunited with his family. A case has been registered under relevant sections of law.

Police are further investigating the matter to determine whether the accused has been involved in similar incidents.

(With inputs from PTI)

Patriot Bureau

Published by
Patriot Bureau
Tags: delhi

Recent Posts

Delhi’s master plan proposes solar, hydro power generation from canals, drains

Delhi's draft Master Plan 2047 proposes using canals and drains for solar and hydro power…

August 18, 2026

Delhi govt to launch 200 new E-buses, ladies special from DU

The new fleet will include 56 Ladies Special and 26 University Ladies Special trips on…

August 18, 2026

Over 30-40% voters in 47 Delhi assembly seats to be removed from draft rolls

More than 47 lakh voters, nearly one-third of Delhi's electorate, are set to be left…

August 18, 2026

Delhi HC denies default bail to 2025 Red Fort car bomb blast accused

The court dismissed Jasir Bilal Wani’s plea, saying he was not entitled to default bail…

August 18, 2026

‘History-sheeters’ infiltrated July 20 protest, 240 cops injured: Delhi Police to SC

Delhi Police tells SC that the July 20 protest was infiltrated by alleged anti-social elements…

August 18, 2026

Two years after 14 deaths, Asha Kiran remains overcrowded and understaffed

Transfers and a Rs 5.34 crore infrastructure upgrade have reduced occupancy, but the Rohini shelter…

August 18, 2026