Delhi NCR

Delhi enters day 3 of old excise policy regime: Liquor vends get more stocks

Published by
Patriot Bureau

Delhi entered third day of returning to the old excise policy regime on Saturday as liquor vends across the capital received more stock and witnessed improved business with customers lined up at the shops.

As the capital returned to regime within a year on Thursday, nearly 350 government-run liquor vends opened with the exit of private players from retail business.

However, liquor lovers on Thursday had rued the absence of their favourite brands as well as discounts.

On Friday, trucks loaded fresh stock were seen outside many liquor vends.

Supply is being augmented by the government, Devender Kumar, a vend in-charge said, adding that since morning, two trucks have arrived and they were expecting more.

“The situation will improve further in the coming days and we are expecting more customers,” Kumar added.

Several shop in-charges claimed that customers’ arrival has increased but yet to reach its maximum strength.

Some customers still rued the lack rebates that were being offered at private vends earlier.

Excise department officials said brand registration is an ongoing process and more will be available in coming days.

“The day one of the policy transition was satisfactory with nearly 350 government undertaking vends opening across the city. In the last 15 days, we registered around 400 brands and some more were registered even today,” they said.

The department has so far issued 422 retail licences to four Delhi government undertakings — Delhi Tourism And Transportation Development Corporation Limited (DTTDC), Delhi State Industrial and Infrastructure Development Corporation (DSIIDC), Department of Delhi State Civil Supplies Corporation Limited (DSCSC) and Delhi Consumer’s Cooperative Wholesale Store Ltd (DCCWS) — that have been directed to open 500 vends in the city in September.

A total of 700 liquor vends are planned to be operationalised by the four corporations by end of the year.

The return of old excise policy, which was in force before November 17, 2021, also means that discounts offered by private vends on liquor brands and schemes like one plus one free have become a thing of the past for Delhi.

(With PTI inputs)

Instagram: instagram.com/thepatriot_in/
Twitter: twitter.com/Patriot_Delhi
Facebook: facebook.com/Thepatriotnewsindia

Patriot Bureau

Published by
Patriot Bureau

Recent Posts

Golf’s ‘72 The League’ auction marks game-changing moment for the sport

Delhi hosted what organisers describe as the world’s first player auction in golf, launching ‘72…

February 20, 2026

‘My girl lay soaked in blood but no one stopped to help,’ recalls Janakpuri accident victim

An elderly woman recalls how her six-year-old granddaughter lay bleeding after a speeding car hit…

February 20, 2026

MCD plans unified policy for RWAs to adopt, maintain Delhi parks

Municipal Corporation of Delhi plans a unified policy enabling RWAs to adopt and maintain parks…

February 20, 2026

Delhi: Teenager ends life by jumping in front of moving rail at Uttam Nagar East Metro station

A 17-year-old boy allegedly died by suicide after jumping before a moving train at Uttam…

February 20, 2026

Delhi HC grants bail to Thar driver who mowed down two in Chanakyapuri

Delhi High Court grants bail to 26-year-old Thar driver accused of mowing down two in…

February 20, 2026

Delhi: Two arrested for fatally stabbing man in Rohini during robbery bid

Two Rohini men arrested for fatally stabbing one person and injuring another during a robbery…

February 20, 2026