Delhi NCR

Delhi: Four rescued after building collapses in Rohini

Published by
Patriot Bureau

Four people were rescued after a multi-storey commercial building collapsed in northwest Delhi’s Rohini area on Wednesday evening, police sources said.

Three of them were pulled out from the rubble by rescue teams, while a fourth person injured in the incident was taken to hospital by locals before authorities arrived. The building collapsed at D-12, Sector 7, Rohini, around 4 pm, according to police.

Delhi Fire Services (DFS) chief Atul Garg said the department received a call at 4:04 pm reporting the collapse of a ground-plus-two-storey commercial building, with the possibility of people trapped under the debris.

A rescue operation involving multiple agencies is currently underway.

“Three people have been rescued so far. Teams are gathering information about them,” a police source said.

In a statement, police confirmed that the area has been cordoned off and multiple rescue teams are at the site. “A team from the local police station immediately reached the spot. Preliminary inquiry revealed that one injured person was shifted to a hospital by locals before police arrived. However, no official call or complaint has been received in this regard,” the statement said.

Officials from the Municipal Corporation of Delhi, BSES, and the fire department reached the site promptly. Debris removal is ongoing.

“Further legal proceedings will be initiated as per the findings,” police said, adding that teams from the National Disaster Response Force are also at the site.

A senior police officer confirmed that the area has been cordoned off and electricity supply has been turned off by the power department.

An eyewitness, who declined to be named, described the moment of the collapse: “Around 4 pm, we suddenly heard a loud crashing sound that shook the area. When we rushed out, we found the building had collapsed. Later, we came to know that a few people were trapped under the debris. The rescue teams arrived shortly afterwards and the operation is underway.”

Also Read: Crumbling Delhi: Why instances of building collapse have spiked

He added that the building had changed ownership about six to eight months ago. “After the sale, the new owner began some construction work on the premises,” he said.

The ground floor housed a departmental store and was usually busy, he added.

Patriot Bureau

Published by
Patriot Bureau
Tags: delhi

Recent Posts

Delhi’s master plan proposes solar, hydro power generation from canals, drains

Delhi's draft Master Plan 2047 proposes using canals and drains for solar and hydro power…

August 18, 2026

Delhi govt to launch 200 new E-buses, ladies special from DU

The new fleet will include 56 Ladies Special and 26 University Ladies Special trips on…

August 18, 2026

Over 30-40% voters in 47 Delhi assembly seats to be removed from draft rolls

More than 47 lakh voters, nearly one-third of Delhi's electorate, are set to be left…

August 18, 2026

Delhi HC denies default bail to 2025 Red Fort car bomb blast accused

The court dismissed Jasir Bilal Wani’s plea, saying he was not entitled to default bail…

August 18, 2026

‘History-sheeters’ infiltrated July 20 protest, 240 cops injured: Delhi Police to SC

Delhi Police tells SC that the July 20 protest was infiltrated by alleged anti-social elements…

August 18, 2026

Two years after 14 deaths, Asha Kiran remains overcrowded and understaffed

Transfers and a Rs 5.34 crore infrastructure upgrade have reduced occupancy, but the Rohini shelter…

August 18, 2026