
File Photo/Sanjeev Verma via Getty Images
The inward and outward movement at the C-Block was regulated by the security personnel who have put in place heavy barricading there. Kids going for an exam or children in uniform were allowed to move in and out of the area.
The police also carried out surveillance using drones.
“The media has been barred to enter C-Block residential area because we have been ordered to do so. We are doing this to maintain law and order situation here,” a senior police officer deployed in Jahangirpuri told PTI.
On Wednesday, BJP-ruled North Delhi Municipal Corporation’s bulldozers razed several “illegal” structures in violence-hit Jahangirpuri during an anti-encroachment drive. But it was stopped following a Supreme Court order.
A large number of police personnel, and members of central forces and Rapid Action Force were seen guarding the violence-hit area on Thursday.
Residential areas near the C-Block mosque from where the violence erupted on Saturday has also been barricaded from all ends.
Locals said roads leading to the mosque has been blocked by the security personnel with heavy barricading so no one including the media has any accesses to the area.
Residents’ movement on both sides of the barricades — residents on one side and media personnel on the other side of it — has been completely regulated by the police.
Earlier in the day, the Supreme Court extended the status quo until further orders on the razing of buildings Jahangirpuri area.
For more stories that cover the ongoings of Delhi NCR, follow us on:
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thepatriot_in/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Patriot_Delhi
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Thepatriotnewsindia
Delhi hosted what organisers describe as the world’s first player auction in golf, launching ‘72…
An elderly woman recalls how her six-year-old granddaughter lay bleeding after a speeding car hit…
Municipal Corporation of Delhi plans a unified policy enabling RWAs to adopt and maintain parks…
A 17-year-old boy allegedly died by suicide after jumping before a moving train at Uttam…
Delhi High Court grants bail to 26-year-old Thar driver accused of mowing down two in…
Two Rohini men arrested for fatally stabbing one person and injuring another during a robbery…