Delhi NCR

Operation Sindoor Fallout: Delhi airport sees cancellation of 138 flights today

Published by
Patriot Bureau

Operation Sindoor Fallout: As many as 138 flights to and from Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International Airport were cancelled on Friday amid heightened security and evolving airspace conditions, a source said.

The cancellations follow the closure of around 27 airports across India in the wake of Operation Sindoor, a retaliatory military action targeting terror camps in Pakistan and Pakistan-occupied Kashmir. The operation was launched in response to last month’s terror attack in Pahalgam, which claimed at least 26 lives.

Between 5 AM and 2 PM on Friday, 66 domestic departures, 63 domestic arrivals, five international departures, and four international arrivals were cancelled, the source added.

Also Read: Operation Sindoor: India carries out military strikes on nine terror targets in Pakistan, PoK

“Delhi airport operations remain normal. However, due to evolving airspace conditions and heightened security measures, some flight schedules and security processing timings may be impacted,” Delhi International Airport Ltd (DIAL) said in a post on X.

DIAL, which operates India’s busiest airport, has urged passengers to allow extra time for security checks and to cooperate with airline and security personnel to ensure smooth processing.

Around 27 airports in various parts of the country are closed in the wake of Operation Sindoor, under which armed forces carried out strikes on terror targets in Pakistan and Pakistan Occupied Kashmir on Wednesday in retaliation for the Pahalgam terror attack that had killed at least 26 people last month.

“Due to the current situation, all flights to and from Srinagar, Jammu, Amritsar, Leh, Chandigarh, Dharamshala, Bikaner, Jodhpur, Kishangarh and Rajkot are cancelled until 2359 hrs till 10 May 2025,” IndiGo said in a post on X.

The airline is offering a change/ cancellation fee waiver for bookings made on or before May 8 for flights to and from these 10 airports.

“We are monitoring this closely and are in continuous coordination with all authorities,” it said.

(With inputs from PTI)

Patriot Bureau

Published by
Patriot Bureau
Tags: delhi

Recent Posts

NH toll plazas may go cashless from April 1; NHAI proposes only FASTag, UPI payments

The proposed measure is aimed at consolidating the gains achieved in Electronic Toll Collection

February 21, 2026

India will be paying tariffs; we will not be paying: Trump after SC ruling

The US Supreme Court ruled, on February 20, that the tariffs imposed by Donald Trump…

February 21, 2026

T20 World Cup: Sohaib Khan’s journey from Jamia to UAE glory

Jamia Millia Islamia alumnus Sohaib Khan’s rise from tennis-ball cricket to the UAE national team…

February 21, 2026

AI Summit: Artificial intelligence, hologram tech bring ‘Arjuna’, ‘Lord Krishna’

The Jio Intelligence Pavillion at the AI Summit holds within its cove-like setup depcitions of…

February 21, 2026

Golf’s ‘72 The League’ auction marks game-changing moment for the sport

Delhi hosted what organisers describe as the world’s first player auction in golf, launching ‘72…

February 20, 2026

‘My girl lay soaked in blood but no one stopped to help,’ recalls Janakpuri accident victim

An elderly woman recalls how her six-year-old granddaughter lay bleeding after a speeding car hit…

February 20, 2026