
A court here on Monday sent Yasir Ahmed Dar, an accused in the Red Fort blast case, to 11-day judicial custody.
Principal District and Sessions Judge Anju Bajaj Chandna sent Dar to the judicial custody till January 16 after he was physically produced in the court.
On December 26 last year, the court had extended Dar’s NIA custody for 10 days.
The National Investigating Agency had on December 18 arrested Dar, the ninth accused in the case.
Also Read: Delhi’s health system stretched as pollution, climate stress and disease converged in 2025
According to NIA, Dar, a resident of Jammu and Kashmir, was a close associate of Umar-un-Nabi, the suicide bomber who was driving the explosive-laden car that detonated outside the Red Fort on November 10.
Dar allegedly played an active role in the conspiracy behind the blast that claimed 15 lives and left many others injured, the NIA said.
It said Dar was in close contact with the other accused persons in the case, including Umar-un-Nabi and Mufti Irfan.
Delhi Police has deployed AI cameras, facial recognition and over 15,000 personnel to secure Bharat…
Birds and reptiles led Delhi Zoo adoptions, generating record proceeds in 2022-23, with plans to…
Viral video captures the fatal Dwarka crash involving a minor-driven SUV, now key evidence as…
DU imposes one-month ban on protests and public gatherings over concerns of safety, traffic disruption…
Delhi Police busts gang accused of filming and manipulating videos to extort traffic personnel during…
CBI opposes Jaideep Sengar’s interim bail extension plea, alleges fabricated medical records; Delhi High Court…