
At least three schools, including Sardar Patel Vidyalaya and Salwan Public School, in the city received bomb threat emails on Monday morning, prompting multiple security agencies to rush to the premises and carry out thorough checks, an official of the Delhi Fire Services said.
The school administrations alerted fire and police about the matter.
“Teams from the local police, bomb disposal squad, dog squad and fire department were immediately dispatched and a security checks is underway,” the DFS officer said.
Also Read: Moderate air quality in Delhi; minimum settles above normal
He said so far the fire department received two calls from two schools and students and staff were safely evacuated as a precautionary measure, while security personnel are conducting detailed anti-sabotage inspections of classrooms, corridors and surrounding areas.
So far nothing suspicious has been found.
In a message to parents, Sardar Patel Vidyalaya informed parents that students have been evacuated safely.
According to the message, “This morning the school received a security threat. As a precautionary measure, the police are in school for necessary security measures. All students have been evacuated safely. Once the school is declared safe, classes will resume for junior school students. The exam for senior school students will resume once the school is cleared”.
On International Biodiversity Day, recent bird censuses, ecological studies, and conservation reports point to a…
LG Taranjit Singh Sandhu stresses smart mobility, sustainable growth and integrated planning to transform Delhi…
Delhi Police arrest proclaimed offender accused in rape, POCSO case after evading court proceedings since…
Delhi government plans to develop 100 “oxygen parks” with dense tree cover to combat pollution…
Top court grants six-month interim bail to two Delhi riots accused and refers to a…
Delhi Police intensifies patrolling, vehicle checks and community outreach meetings across the capital ahead of…