Uncategorized

‘Delhi will become Khalistan’: Bomb threat emails sent to 9 schools in capital

Published by
PTI

At least nine schools across the national capital received bomb threat emails on Monday, triggering massive security deployment and precautionary evacuations, officials said.

The threatening email carried disturbing and provocative content, claiming, ‘Delhi will become Khalistan. Punjab is Khalistan. In memory of Afzal Guru’.

The email also alleged that a blast would take place inside Parliament on February 13 at 1.11 pm, prompting heightened security alerts and coordination among multiple agencies.

According to the Delhi Fire Services (DFS), emergency calls were received from multiple educational institutions across different parts of the city during the morning hours, following which fire tenders and bomb disposal squads were rushed to the locations.

“A total of nine schools have reported receiving bomb threats so far. Fire service teams immediately reached the premises and thorough checks are underway,” a DFS official said, adding that more schools were being reported to have received similar threatening emails.

The schools that received the threats include Loreto Convent School in Delhi Cantonment, Cambridge School in Srinivaspuri and New Friends Colony, The Indian School in Sadiq Nagar, DTEA School in INA, Venkateshwar Global School in Rohini, CM SHRI School in Rohini and Bal Bharati School in Rohini, an official of the Delhi Fire Services said.

As a precautionary measure, the school premises were evacuated and students, and staff were moved to safe locations. Bomb detection and disposal squads, along with dog squads, are conducting extensive search operations at the affected schools.

Senior police officers said cyber teams have been pressed into service to trace the origin of the email, while security arrangements across sensitive locations in the capital have been reviewed.

No suspicious object has been recovered so far from any of the school premises, officials said, adding that searches were continuing and further details were awaited.

PTI

Published by
PTI
Tags: delhi

Recent Posts

Over 30-40% voters in 47 Delhi assembly seats to be removed from draft rolls

More than 47 lakh voters, nearly one-third of Delhi's electorate, are set to be left…

August 18, 2026

Delhi HC denies default bail to 2025 Red Fort car bomb blast accused

The court dismissed Jasir Bilal Wani’s plea, saying he was not entitled to default bail…

August 18, 2026

‘History-sheeters’ infiltrated July 20 protest, 240 cops injured: Delhi Police to SC

Delhi Police tells SC that the July 20 protest was infiltrated by alleged anti-social elements…

August 18, 2026

Two years after 14 deaths, Asha Kiran remains overcrowded and understaffed

Transfers and a Rs 5.34 crore infrastructure upgrade have reduced occupancy, but the Rohini shelter…

August 18, 2026

SIR: 47 lakh Delhi voters to miss draft roll; minorities constituencies record higher digitisation

Over 47 lakh voters may miss Delhi’s draft roll, with digitisation varying sharply across constituencies

August 18, 2026

Two teenagers injured as tree branch falls in east Delhi, one critical

Two 17-year-olds were injured after a banyan tree branch fell on them in Mayur Vihar…

August 18, 2026