
A Delhi court on Monday extended the NIA custody of three doctors and a preacher, who were arrested in connection with the November 10 Red Fort blast case, by four days.
All four accused — Dr Muzammil Ganai, Dr Adeel Rather, Dr Shaheena Saeed and Maulvi Irfan Ahmed Wagay — were produced before Principal and Sessions Judge Anju Bajaj Chandna on the expiry of their 10-day NIA custody granted on November 29.
Mediapersons were barred from covering the court proceedings, which were held under tight security in and around the Patiala House district court premises.
Till now, the National Investigation Agency (NIA) has made seven arrests in the case, which is linked to a ‘white-collar’ terror module busted by the Jammu and Kashmir Police.
“The agency continues to pursue various leads in connection with the suicide bombing, and has been conducting searches across states in coordination with the respective police forces to identify and track the others involved in the gruesome attack,” the agency said in a statement earlier
Dr Umar-un-Nabi was driving the explosives-laden i20 car that detonated outside the Red Fort on November 10, killing 15 people and injuring several others.
Reports said that the sophisticated terror module spearheaded by a group of doctors had been actively scouting for a suicide bomber since last year, with Umar being the alleged key planner.
On International Biodiversity Day, recent bird censuses, ecological studies, and conservation reports point to a…
LG Taranjit Singh Sandhu stresses smart mobility, sustainable growth and integrated planning to transform Delhi…
Delhi Police arrest proclaimed offender accused in rape, POCSO case after evading court proceedings since…
Delhi government plans to develop 100 “oxygen parks” with dense tree cover to combat pollution…
Top court grants six-month interim bail to two Delhi riots accused and refers to a…
Delhi Police intensifies patrolling, vehicle checks and community outreach meetings across the capital ahead of…