Delhi NCR

19 Covid patients hospitalised in Delhi, people need not worry: CM Rekha Gupta

Published by
Patriot Bureau

Chief Minister Rekha Gupta on Thursday said 19 Covid patients are hospitalised in Delhi but there is no need to worry.

The Delhi government is alert and hospitals are ready, the chief minister told reporters at Lok Nayak Jai Prakash Hospital here.

“Nineteen patients are admitted to hospitals and the remaining are receiving treatment at their homes. But COVID-19 has not reached the point where people need to worry. The government is ready for every situation,” Gupta said.

She also underlined the need for people to remain cautious.

Delhi had 104 active COVID-19 cases till Monday, according to official data.

Health officials said 24 patients recovered in the past week.

Last week, the Delhi government issued an advisory to hospitals, asking them to ensure availability of beds, medicines and oxygen.

Meanwhile, the Delhi government has formed a Group of Ministers (GoM) to look into compensation pending for families who lost their kin to COVID, an official said on Wednesday.

Delhi Chief Minister Rekha Gupta had on Tuesday said many families who lost loved ones during the COVID-19 pandemic were not provided any compensation.

“To address this, a special committee has been formed to identify such cases and provide financial support,” she had said.

According to a senior official, a GoM has been constituted to look into such cases and a meeting of the committee is scheduled to take place in the first week of June.

“Even under the last government, there was a GoM that looked into such cases. When the BJP government came to power, it again constituted the GoM that will look into the cases,” the official said.

The June meeting will have representatives from the revenue, health and other departments to present the cases before the committee.

The GoM will analyse the details of the cases and decide the compensation.

In March this year, Gupta in the Delhi Assembly alleged that only 97 such families had received financial aid from the previous AAP dispensation, while the administration spent Rs 17 crore on publicity.

According to official data, more than 26,700 people died in Delhi due to complications from COVID infection.

In 2021, the then-Aam Aadmi Party government launched the Mukhyamantri COVID-19 Pariwar Aarthik Sahayata Yojana to compensate the victims’ kin.

Under the scheme, Rs 50,000 ex gratia was announced for every family that lost a member to COVID, and an additional Rs 2,500 per month if the deceased was the sole breadwinner.

Such families also get a one-time ex gratia assistance of Rs 50,000 from the Delhi Disaster Response Fund (DDRF), in addition to a matching from the city government.

Patriot Bureau

Published by
Patriot Bureau
Tags: delhi

Recent Posts

Delhi air quality slips to ‘poor’ on Thursday; AQI at 208

AQI rises to 208, slipping into ‘poor’ category, according to the Central Pollution Control Board

February 19, 2026

Old Delhi’s culinary rhythm recreated at Okhla food festival

Dilli 6 – Ishq-e-Dilli at Edesia presents a carefully sequenced journey through familiar flavours from…

February 19, 2026

Two held for murder during robbery in northeast Delhi

Two youth arrested for killing a 55-year-old woman during a robbery in Jyoti Nagar; stolen…

February 19, 2026

Delhi govt opens 25 Atal Canteens; each to serve 1,000 meals per day

Scheme aims to provide affordable meals to over 1 lakh people daily, with each canteen…

February 19, 2026

‘Memory | Remains’: An exhibition revisiting Indian modernism

Featuring works by Krishen Khanna and Prabhakar Kolte, the exhibition explores Indian modernism through figurative…

February 19, 2026

Delhi: 36-year-old man fatally stabbed in Pandav Nagar

Police are probing the stabbing death of a 36-year-old man found near Sanjay Lake in…

February 19, 2026