Delhi NCR

2 girls among 3 killed in Delhi’s Burari building collapse

Published by
Patriot Bureau

Three people, including two girls, died after a four-storey building collapsed in Burari, north Delhi, according to police reports on Tuesday. The newly built structure, located near Oscar Public School, collapsed on Monday evening. So far, 12 people have been rescued, and three bodies have been recovered from the rubble, police said.

The victims have been identified as 17-year-old Saadhna and 7-year-old Radhika. The third deceased person, a man, has yet to be identified, authorities added.

A police officer stated that the rescue operation is ongoing, and more people may still be trapped under the debris. The Delhi Police confirmed that they were alerted about the collapse around 7 pm on Monday. The building was newly constructed, covering an area of 200 square yards.

Immediately after the incident, both the Delhi Police and Delhi Fire Services launched a rescue operation. “The rescue operation is still ongoing. Multiple agencies, including the police, fire department, and NDRF, are present at the site. Police have cordoned off the area and are gathering details from locals to determine how many people might still be trapped,” the officer said.

An investigation has been initiated, with multiple teams assigned to the case. Legal action is being taken against the building owner, the officer added.

Also Read: Delhi elections: The plight of Delhi’s SC-reserved constituencies

Following the collapse, Delhi Chief Minister Atishi expressed her condolences and assured on X that all possible help would be extended to the affected individuals. “This incident of a building collapse in Burari is extremely sad. I have spoken to the local administration to ensure swift relief and rescue efforts. All possible support will be provided to those impacted,” CM Atishi wrote in Hindi.

Former Delhi Chief Minister and AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal, in a social media post, said the local MLA had been instructed to assist with the relief and rescue operations. “This is a tragic incident. Our Burari MLA, Sanjeev Jha, has been directed to go there immediately with party workers to support the administration and aid the local people in every way possible,” Kejriwal stated.

Meanwhile, Delhi Fire Services Chief Atul Garg released a video of the ongoing rescue operation on Tuesday morning. “Some personnel have been working since last night without rest. The DFS is collaborating with all agencies to clear the debris and rescue those trapped,” Garg said.

Patriot Bureau

Published by
Patriot Bureau

Recent Posts

Delhi govt promotes, gives new postings to 111 officials to improve service delivery

Delhi government promotes and reassigns 111 DASS officials, with key postings in health, education, revenue…

August 19, 2026

One dead, five injured as truck’s gas cylinder explodes at CNG station in Delhi

One person was killed and five others injured after a truck’s gas cylinder exploded while…

August 19, 2026

Around 95% of power consumers in Delhi pay electricity bills digitally: Discoms

Digital payment adoption has risen sharply among Delhi’s power consumers, with nearly 95 per cent…

August 19, 2026

Alchemy of Colors: An art exhibition supporting education of underprivileged girls

Contemporary artist Nikita Agarwal’s solo exhibition explores colour, emotion and human connection, with proceeds supporting…

August 19, 2026

ACB seeks 14-day judicial custody of former Delhi minister Satyendar Jain

ACB seeks 14-day judicial custody of Satyendar Jain and four others in sewage treatment plant…

August 19, 2026

Major reshuffle in top police posts in Delhi ahead of BRICS Summit

Delhi Police reshuffles senior officers ahead of the BRICS Summit, with changes in traffic, security,…

August 19, 2026