
(Representational Photo)
In a tragic incident, eight people were injured on Monday morning when a house collapsed in west Delhi’s Nangloi area following an LPG cylinder blast.
The Delhi Fire Service told news agency PTI that it was informed about the house collapse around 5.15 am.
Eight people were rescued by fire personnel and rushed to a hospital with the help of public and police, a DFS official said.
In a separate incident, a house collapsed in west Delhi’s Tagore Garden area around 11.30 pm on Sunday.
Fire officials said the house was situated opposite a metro pillar in Tagore Garden and three fire tenders were rushed to the spot.
The building collapsed while digging was underway at an adjacent plot. No casualty has been reported in the incident, they said.
Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police (west) Akshat Kaushal said, “Teams of police, fire and NDRF are at the site. The rescue operation is going on since last night. So far, no causality has been reported. Necessary legal action is being initiated.”
Taking to Twitter, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal said the government was in constant contact with the rescue teams.
“Both incidents are tragic. The district administrations of both the areas are engaged in relief and rescue operations. We are in constant contact with the rescue teams. I pray for everyone’s well being,” he tweeted in Hindi.
(With PTI inputs)
Most victims were children, as recurring drownings exposed inadequate barriers, poor drainage and other lapses
Police arrest 31 people, including alleged mastermind, software developer and fund handlers, after busting a…
Delhi may see more polling stations as the voter cap per booth is reduced to…
Healthcare institutions and concerned officials have been told to keep a close watch on infection…
Delhi Master Plan 2047 raises FAR for educational institutions and allows taller campuses, while easing…
Security tightened at Jantar Mantar as police deploy additional personnel and barricades ahead of proposed…