Delhi NCR

Delhi: Several hospitals, mall receive bomb threat emails; search operations underway

Published by
Patriot Bureau

Multiple hospitals, including AIIMS and Safdarjung, along with a mall in Delhi, received bomb threat emails on Tuesday, leading authorities to initiate searches on their premises, according to officials.

A call was received at 1:04 PM from a hospital in Nangloi and another at 1:07 p.m. from Primus Hospital in Chanakyapuri, central Delhi, reporting bomb threats, a Delhi Fire Services (DFS) official said.

Fire tenders, bomb detection teams, and police quickly responded to the locations. Thorough searches are being conducted, the official added.

The mailing list reportedly included around 50 government and private hospitals, such as AIIMS, Safdarjung, Apollo, Moolchand, Max, and Sir Ganga Ram hospitals, police said.

The email, sent via Gmail at 12:04 PM, said, “We have placed many explosives inside your building. They are placed in black backpacks. The bombs are set to go off in a few hours”.

Also Read: Eight Delhi hospitals, IGI airport receive bomb threat

The message continued, “You will end up in a pool of blood, none of you deserve to keep living. Everyone inside the building will lose their lives. I incessantly have nothing other than scam for humanity. Today will be your last day on earth”.

The email claimed that a “group named ‘COURT’ is behind this massacre”.

“We won’t stop causing terror. Give our group’s name to News Outlets,” it reads.

A police officer noted that the pattern of these threat emails is similar to previous ones sent to hospitals, schools, universities, and other government buildings, where the sender did not specify a dateline in the email.

Another police officer mentioned that in the afternoon, a similar bomb threat was reported at Canakya Mall in central Delhi. The mall was searched, but nothing suspicious was found, the officer said.

Some of the hospitals have already been searched, with nothing suspicious discovered so far, the officer added, noting that thorough checks are ongoing at other hospital premises.

(With inputs from PTI)

Patriot Bureau

Published by
Patriot Bureau

Recent Posts

Golf’s ‘72 The League’ auction marks game-changing moment for the sport

Delhi hosted what organisers describe as the world’s first player auction in golf, launching ‘72…

February 20, 2026

‘My girl lay soaked in blood but no one stopped to help,’ recalls Janakpuri accident victim

An elderly woman recalls how her six-year-old granddaughter lay bleeding after a speeding car hit…

February 20, 2026

MCD plans unified policy for RWAs to adopt, maintain Delhi parks

Municipal Corporation of Delhi plans a unified policy enabling RWAs to adopt and maintain parks…

February 20, 2026

Delhi: Teenager ends life by jumping in front of moving rail at Uttam Nagar East Metro station

A 17-year-old boy allegedly died by suicide after jumping before a moving train at Uttam…

February 20, 2026

Delhi HC grants bail to Thar driver who mowed down two in Chanakyapuri

Delhi High Court grants bail to 26-year-old Thar driver accused of mowing down two in…

February 20, 2026

Delhi: Two arrested for fatally stabbing man in Rohini during robbery bid

Two Rohini men arrested for fatally stabbing one person and injuring another during a robbery…

February 20, 2026