Photo: Getty
On Friday, the Montenegro consulate in Delhi complained to Lieutenant Governor V K Saxena that it had gone two days without water supply. The L-G then instructed the top secretary to address the problem right away.
However, according to the Delhi Jal Board (DJB), there has been no interruption in the water supply in GK-I, where the consulate is located.
Dr. Janice Darbari, the consulate general for Montenegro in India, wrote to Saxena to inform him that the consulate had been without water for two days and that the DJB had also failed to send a tanker despite requests.
According to sources in the L-office, G’s Saxena expressed worry about the lack of drinking water and tankers.
Arvind Kejriwal, the chief minister of Delhi, was told by the L-G to address any issues that could harm the nation’s reputation. The chief secretary was given immediate instructions to rectify the problem.
According to the sources, the L-G office has been getting complaints and requests from diplomatic missions and residences outside the Diplomatic Enclave that have long-standing problems with the water supply and sewage backflow.
In a statement, the DJB claimed that the water supply in the neighbourhood where the consulate general’s residence is located is regular and that no recent disruptions have been noticed.
According to the utility, on August 4, at 19:45, the local junior engineer received a call from the consulate. Through a tanker, the caller asked for water through a tanker. The same was sent out on Friday morning.
The employees of the consulate was also informed by the JE in question and the field personnel that the water supply would be inspected on Saturday during supply hours.
(With inputs from PTI)
For more stories that cover the ongoings of Delhi NCR, follow us on:
Instagram: instagram.com/thepatriot_in/
Twitter: twitter.com/Patriot_Delhi
Facebook: facebook.com/Thepatriotnewsindia
Aujasya Cafe at The Leela Ambience Gurugram blends ancient wellness wisdom with modern nutrition to…
Under this scheme, priority will be given to Delhi’s poorest families, including those under the…
The exhibition offers art enthusiasts a chance to explore Sood’s introspective and deeply personal storytelling…
The actor's latest film is "Kesari Chapter 2", which delves into an untold story of…
At a press conference after the budget session, Gupta said the Assembly will promote solar…
Communal violence rocked Northeast Delhi between February 24 and 26, 2020, leaving 53 people dead…