
Ten country-made bombs recovered last year from the Holambi Kalan area were safely disposed of by the Bomb Disposal Squad (BDS) and National Security Guard (NSG) on Monday, an official said.
According to police, the explosives were recovered in connection with an FIR registered under section 286 (negligent conduct concerning explosive substances) of the Indian Penal Code and sections of the Explosive Substances Act at the Narela Industrial Area police station.
After their recovery, the bombs were securely buried in a designated plot of land in Holambi Kalan as a precautionary measure.
“A formal request was sent to the concerned agencies for their safe disposal. In response, teams from the NSG, BDS outer-north police, and Forensic Science Laboratory (FSL) Rohini reached the site,” said the officer
Following established safety protocols and standard operating procedures (SOPs), the BDS and NSG teams thoroughly inspected the site and carried out the neutralisation process.
Also Read: Monsoon of danger: potholes, civic neglect, and a spike in road accidents
“All 10 bombs were successfully disposed of without any untoward incident,” said the officer.
The disposal was crucial to prevent any potential threat and ensure public safety, police officer said. Further investigation in the case is underway.
The sighting of the crescent for Ramzan was confirmed by two major mosques in Delhi-…
NGT asks Delhi authorities to respond over alleged inaction in clearing encroachments from Savitri Nagar…
GRAP Stage-II restrictions lifted as Delhi’s AQI improves, with air quality expected to stay in…
Inspection drive across zones to check compost pits, drains, toilets and waste systems after gaps…
Court asks Delhi government to explain delay in filling vacant DCW posts, stressing the body’s…
Delhi mandates online ration card applications with Aadhaar details for all family members, as over…