Delhi NCR

Delhi blast case handed over to NIA

Published by
PTI

Delhi: The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) on Tuesday handed over the probe into a blast near the Red Fort to the National Investigation Agency (NIA), sources said.

This is a clear indication that the blast, which has so far claimed 12 lives, is being considered by the government as an act of terror, as the NIA is mandated to probe terror cases only.

“The blast case has been handed over to the NIA,” a source said.

The decision came hours after Union Home Minister Amit Shah reviewed the security situation in the national capital and other parts of the country following the blast.

Shah has called another security review meeting on Tuesday afternoon.

Also Read: Delhi blast: Pulwama doctor was driving car, Amit Shah to hold review meet; FIR lodged under UAPA

The home minister has said top investigating agencies are probing the blast and they will go in-depth into the incident.

The blast took place in a slow-moving car at a traffic signal near the Red Fort metro station on Monday evening, killing at least 12 people and gutting several vehicles, officials said.

PTI

Published by
PTI
Tags: Delhi Blast

Recent Posts

Delhi’s young are having strokes — and the heat isn’t helping

Doctors are reporting a rise in stroke cases among people aged 18–44 due to stress,…

May 18, 2026

NEET paper leak: Delhi court sends coaching centre founder Motegaonkar day to 9-day CBI custody

CBI told the court that leaked NEET-UG papers and answer keys were recovered from the…

May 18, 2026

SC seeks Delhi govt response on plea to make regular appointments in DERC

SC seeks Delhi govt’s reply on plea alleging delay in regular appointments to electricity regulator…

May 18, 2026

Delhi: Autorickshaw driver killed, biker critically injured in collision in Mayur Vihar

An autorickshaw passenger died while a motorcyclist suffered critical injuries after a late-night collision in…

May 18, 2026

Delhi Police busts two fake bearing workshops in Old Delhi; two held

Raids in Old Delhi’s Farash Khana led to the seizure of over 5,000 counterfeit bearings…

May 18, 2026

Delhi: Wanted criminal who chopped off man’s thumbs during robbery held after six years on the run

Accused of severing an event manager’s thumbs during a violent robbery and extortion bid in…

May 18, 2026