Delhi NCR

Delhi Red Fort blast: Shah instructs security agencies to hunt down every culprit involved

Published by
PTI

Delhi Red Fort blast: Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Tuesday instructed the security agencies to hunt down each and every culprit behind the Delhi blast that claimed 12 lives.

He said everyone involved will face the full wrath of security agencies.

Shah said this after chairing two subsequent security review meetings which were held in the wake of the Monday evening blast near Red Fort here.

“Chaired review meetings on the Delhi car blast with the senior officials. Instructed them to hunt down each and every culprit behind this incident. Everyone involved in this act will face the full wrath of our agencies,” he wrote on X.

Also Read: Delhi blast: Pulwama doctor was driving car, Amit Shah to hold review meet; FIR lodged under UAPA

The first meeting was attended by Union Home Secretary Govind Mohan, Director of Intelligence Bureau Tapan Deka, Delhi Police Commissioner Satish Golcha and NIA DG Sadanand Vasant Date.

DGP of Jammu and Kashmir Nalin Prabhat also attend the meeting virtually.

During the meeting, top officials gave detailed presentations on the situation in the aftermath of the blast, sources said.

Almost the same set of officials attended the afternoon security review meeting.

The Ministry of Home Affairs has also handed over the probe into the blast to the National Investigation Agency (NIA).

This is a clear indication that the blast, which so far claimed 12 lives, has been considered by the government as an act of terror as the NIA is mandated to probe into the terror cases only.

Also read: Those responsible for Delhi blast will not be spared: Rajnath Singh

Shah has said that top investigating agencies were probing the blast, and will go in-depth into the incident.

The blast took place in a slow-moving car at a traffic signal near the Red Fort metro station on Monday evening, killing 12 people, injuring 20 and gutting several vehicles, officials said.

PTI

Published by
PTI

Recent Posts

Delhi’s young are having strokes — and the heat isn’t helping

Doctors are reporting a rise in stroke cases among people aged 18–44 due to stress,…

May 18, 2026

NEET paper leak: Delhi court sends coaching centre founder Motegaonkar day to 9-day CBI custody

CBI told the court that leaked NEET-UG papers and answer keys were recovered from the…

May 18, 2026

SC seeks Delhi govt response on plea to make regular appointments in DERC

SC seeks Delhi govt’s reply on plea alleging delay in regular appointments to electricity regulator…

May 18, 2026

Delhi: Autorickshaw driver killed, biker critically injured in collision in Mayur Vihar

An autorickshaw passenger died while a motorcyclist suffered critical injuries after a late-night collision in…

May 18, 2026

Delhi Police busts two fake bearing workshops in Old Delhi; two held

Raids in Old Delhi’s Farash Khana led to the seizure of over 5,000 counterfeit bearings…

May 18, 2026

Delhi: Wanted criminal who chopped off man’s thumbs during robbery held after six years on the run

Accused of severing an event manager’s thumbs during a violent robbery and extortion bid in…

May 18, 2026