Delhi NCR

Indo Pak conflict | Pakistan ‘committed’ to faithful implementation of ceasefire: FO

Published by
PTI

Indo Pak conflict: Pakistan on Sunday said it was “committed” to faithful implementation of the ceasefire with India, asserting that its forces are handling the situation with “responsibility and restraint”.

India and Pakistan on Saturday reached an understanding to stop all firings and military actions on land, air and sea, with immediate effect.

Hours later, the arrangement came under severe pressure with New Delhi blaming Islamabad for breaching it.

In a media briefing close to midnight, India’s Foreign Secretary Vikram Misri called upon Pakistan to take “appropriate steps” to address these violations and deal with the situation with “seriousness and responsibility”.

“Pakistan remains committed to faithful implementation of the ceasefire between Pakistan and India,” the Foreign Office spokesperson here said in a statement while responding to the media queries regarding the statement made by Misri.

Pakistan’s “forces are handling the situation with responsibility and restraint,” the spokesperson claimed.

“We believe that any issues in smooth implementation of the ceasefire should be addressed through communication at appropriate levels. The troops on ground should also exercise restraint,” he added.

Tensions between India and Pakistan soared after the Indian Armed Forces hit terror launchpads in Pakistan and Pakistan-occupied Kashmir (PoK) last week in response to the Pahalgam terror attack.

Read more

Pak has violated bilateral understanding reached this afternoon: Govt sources

Indo Pak conflict: Pakistan has violated the bilateral understanding reached this afternoon to immediately stop all firings and military actions on land, air and sea, government sources said on Saturday night. This came hours after India announced the understanding following four days of intense cross-border drone and missile strikes that brought the two countries teetering on the edge of full scale war. The sources said firing from the Pakistani side was reported in Akhnoor sector in Jammu and Kashmir. Drones were also seen in the Pir Panjal area. The decision to stop military action by India and Pakistan was first made public by US President Donald Trump in a surprise announcement in a social media post while claiming that the talks between the two sides were “mediated” by the United States after which “India and Pakistan have agreed to a FULL AND IMMEDIATE CEASEFIRE.”

PTI

Published by
PTI

Recent Posts

Delhi: Nursing student dies by suicide in Rajinder Nagar hostel

The third year nursing student's body was discovered by fellow students, who took her to…

August 22, 2026

6 injured in knife attacks in Delhi’s Mangolpuri: Police

The injured were taken to the Sanjay Gandhi Memorial Hospital, with two of them later…

August 22, 2026

Kevin Missal expands his mythological universe with new novel

In Parshuram, Kevin Missal revisits the story of Vishnu’s sixth avatar and discusses the influences…

August 22, 2026

Delhi: Open drains and unguarded pits claim 12 lives in four months

Most victims were children, as recurring drownings exposed inadequate barriers, poor drainage and other lapses

August 21, 2026

Tech enabled gambling network busted in Delhi, 31 arrested

Police arrest 31 people, including alleged mastermind, software developer and fund handlers, after busting a…

August 21, 2026

Polling stations likely to rise in Delhi after SIR rationalisation

Delhi may see more polling stations as the voter cap per booth is reduced to…

August 21, 2026