Delhi NCR

Delhi Police busts international cyber fraud racket, 3 held

Published by
PTI

The Delhi Police has busted a high-profile cyber fraud module with international links and arrested three people involved in an organised cyber-financial racket, an official said on Sunday.

The arrests followed an investigation into a stock market-related cyber fraud in which a Delhi resident was defrauded of approximately Rs 42.5 lakh.

Police said an e-FIR was registered on December 17, 2025, based on the complaint of a 56-year-old man from Uttam Nagar. The complainant alleged that fraudsters had induced him to invest in stocks, only to siphon off his money through multiple bank accounts.

“During the probe, investigators discovered that the defrauded amount had been routed through 36 bank accounts. The beneficiary account was traced to Sabbir Ahmed, a resident of Munirka village in southwest Delhi,” said a senior police officer. He was arrested on January 21.

During interrogation, Sabbir revealed that he had opened nine to ten bank accounts in different banks and handed over complete bank kits to Mohammad Sarfaraz (31) and Mohammad Dilshad (21), both residents of Batla House.

“He told the police that he earned a commission of about two per cent on the cheated amount credited into these accounts. Based on his disclosure, Sarfaraz and Dilshad were arrested on February 5,” the officer added.

Investigators said the duo admitted to having links with Chinese handlers and revealed that they were involved in selling USDT cryptocurrency to Chinese nationals, pointing to international cyber-financial connections. Their role included arranging dummy candidates and facilitating the opening of multiple bank accounts by coordinating with bank officials.

Police further stated that the accused also confessed to destroying cheque books and breaking a registered SIM card after learning about Sabbir’s arrest, in an attempt to erase evidence. However, the mobile handset used with the SIM card has been recovered.

All three accused were previously arrested in a separate cyber fraud case registered in September 2025. Further investigation is underway.

Read More: Unnao rape: Sengar moves SC seeking bail in death case of survivor’s father

PTI

Published by
PTI

Recent Posts

Over 30-40% voters in 47 Delhi assembly seats to be removed from draft rolls

More than 47 lakh voters, nearly one-third of Delhi's electorate, are set to be left…

August 18, 2026

Delhi HC denies default bail to 2025 Red Fort car bomb blast accused

The court dismissed Jasir Bilal Wani’s plea, saying he was not entitled to default bail…

August 18, 2026

‘History-sheeters’ infiltrated July 20 protest, 240 cops injured: Delhi Police to SC

Delhi Police tells SC that the July 20 protest was infiltrated by alleged anti-social elements…

August 18, 2026

Two years after 14 deaths, Asha Kiran remains overcrowded and understaffed

Transfers and a Rs 5.34 crore infrastructure upgrade have reduced occupancy, but the Rohini shelter…

August 18, 2026

SIR: 47 lakh Delhi voters to miss draft roll; minorities constituencies record higher digitisation

Over 47 lakh voters may miss Delhi’s draft roll, with digitisation varying sharply across constituencies

August 18, 2026

Two teenagers injured as tree branch falls in east Delhi, one critical

Two 17-year-olds were injured after a banyan tree branch fell on them in Mayur Vihar…

August 18, 2026