A fire incident occurred at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences on Thursday morning, according to officials.
Fortunately, no casualties were reported from the fire that erupted on the hospital’s second floor.
At 5:59 am, authorities received a call and immediately dispatched seven fire tenders to the location. By 6:20 am, the Delhi Fire Services (DFS) successfully brought the fire under control.
Confirming the incident, a DFS official said, “There were no injuries resulting from the incident.”
AIIMS released a statement attributing the cause of the fire to a short circuit in a refrigerator.
The hospital stated that at approximately 5:25 am, they received information about a fire in room number 2090 of the Reproductive Biology Department on the second floor. They promptly alerted the security and fire control rooms and informed the fire fighting team after confirming the short circuit in the fridge. Simultaneously, the Delhi Fire Services were also notified.
AIIMS said, “The AIIMS fire services promptly contained the fire, with the Delhi Fire Services staff arriving on the scene. Fortunately, there were no casualties, and no property damage was reported.” (With inputs from PTI)