Fire breaks out at Indiabulls office, no casualties

- September 8, 2022
| By : Rohan Chauhan |

An examination of the electrical equipment was carried out hours before the fire broke out, and is suspected to be the cause of the fire

A fire broke out on Wednesday afternoon at the office owned by Indiabulls loans. Ten people were trapped on the second floor of the four-story structure in Noida Sector 18. Firefighters used a hydraulic crane to rescue them via a window as the building filled with smoke, according to officials.

The cause of the fire is reported to be a short circuit, although the office watchmen informed Patriot that soon before the short-circuit, there was a normal examination of the electrical equipment, which might have contributed to the short-circuit. The rescue team had to break into two additional offices on the third floor in addition to Indiabulls’.


“We are all fortunate enough to be saved,” one of the Indiabulls employees said. “We’ve been working here for several years and nothing like this has ever happened.”


“Four fire tenders were summoned to the scene, and the flames, which were reported at 2.30 p.m., were put out.” Those trapped were successfully rescued and flames were stopped from spreading further, “said the fire official.

Working personnel from all other offices were forced to wait outside the building since there was no electricity and their work had been interrupted for the next two days. The entire structure was shrouded in darkness. Shopkeepers on the first floor were also closing up their shops. 

Sushil Kumar Jain, president of the Sector 18 Market Association, Noida, said, “I express my deep appreciation to all the fire officials, who put their best efforts into controlling this fire in time and helped in saving many lives.”

The market association president also urged local traders to get the fire extinguishing equipment at their establishments thoroughly checked so that such incidents could be avoided in future.