While the super hot days are over, the shivering nights will arrive in a gap of few months. Between these two seasons, the monsoon acts as a fair buffer as the city sees heavy rainfall. The city has so much to offer in monsoons, but most exciting and seasonal are the wonderful lakes.
Here are a few lakes that Delhiites can visit to experience their rain-washed grandeur:
1. Sanjay Lake – Located in trilok puri, the artificial lake is one of the most tranquil spots to rejuvenate your mind. Away from the hustle bustle of life, it is considered as one of the most soothing places to find in the city. In addition to that, it also compiles with an adventure park set up in 2015, jungle and a playing area. The lake stretches itself in a massive 42 acres, along with a forest cover of 170 acers. It has lakes, parks and shrines. The nearest metro station is Mayur Vihar phase-1, pink and blue lines.
2. Naini Lake – Situated in the busy neighbor of model town, Naini provides an opportunity to boat or take a leisurely stroll along side the banks. It makes a good picnic spot for the family and friends given its centrally located fountain, quacking ducks and a serene ambiance. The timings are 1 pm – 8 pm from April till September and 11 am till 6 pm from October till March. It’s open on all seven days and the nearest metro station is model town .
3. Bhalswa Lake – Spread across 34 acres, it is a natural fresh water Lake located in the northwest part of Delhi and is one of the most aesthetic lakes in delhi. It has been developed into a leisure and sports complex. This exciting wetland is also home to a lot of fauna like the cranes, stokes and etc. Nearest metro station is Jahangir Puri (yellow line). Timings are from 1 pm till 8 at night and ticket fair is 130 rupees only
4. Bharadwaj Lake – Located in the Delhi-Haryana border in Faridabad, it is close to the Aravalli hills and spread over 8 kms. The nearest metro station is Badarpur Border violet line. Timings are 11 am till 7 pm
5. Damdama Lake – It is a popular getaway from Delhi. Around 48 kilometres away from Delhi, it is one of the most exciting places to visit with friends and family. A lot of adventure activities like hiking, boating, trekking, etc are also available. The timings of this lake are 9 am till 6 pm in the evening.