Two of them, Faizan and Suhail, both 19, of Kithor village of Meerut in Uttar Pradesh, came in direct touch with the high tension wire, while a third, Jubair, 23, also a native of the same village, died in an attempt to save them.
The workers were hired by Sandeep, a resident of Rohini, to work the garden at the Auchandi village farmhouse used for hosting wedding functions, police said.
Bawana Police Station situated in the outer north district was informed that three people were killed by electrocution at Maya Mahal in Auchandi village.
Police said that the iron trolley employed for trimming leaves was nearly 13.9 ft in height. It touched an overhead wire with 11,000 volt current passing through it.
On reaching the spot, police found three bodies in charred condition in the left corner of the main entrance of the farmhouse.
Deputy Commissioner of Police (Outer North) Brijendra Kumar Yadav said two of the victims were instantly electrocuted while pruning the tree leaves using an iron trolley, which came into touch with the high tension wire.
The third, who was digging the field nearby to plant trees, came to their rescue, However, he too was electrocuted, Yadav stated.
The farmhouse is owned by Bobby Maan, a resident of Prahladpur village, he added.
“The spot has been examined by a Crime team composed of forensic experts. All three bodies have been shifted to MV Hospital and legal action is being taken accordingly”, said the DCP.
(With inputs from PTI)