The spirit of being a woman was celebrated in grand style at the 15th edition of the UN-designated International Women’s Day Awards.
The event took place at the ballroom of The Imperial, New Delhi with eminent guests like Dr Sonal Mansingh (Rajya Sabha MP), Smt Sunita Duggal and KL Ganju (Consulate of Union of Comoros), Dr Blossom Kochhar and Doordarshan diva Salma Sultana.
Dr Annurag Batra (Chairman of Business World) was present in spirit and sent a video message.
The central event of the evening was the presentation of awards to Outstanding Women Achievers of 2022.
The list of awardees was as follows:
· Dr Aarti Vij – Doctor (Chairman Media Cell and Protocol Divison AIIMS)
· Ashima – Fashion Designer
· Dipali Bhasin – Impresario
· Dr Megha Nagpal – Aesthetician
· Pavleen Gujral – Artist
· Dr Reshma Khattar Bhagat – Educationist
· Sakshi Sindwani – Digital Influencer
· Smita Sharma – Media (India Ahead News)
· Sanghamitra Bora – Research Policy Consultant
· Sangeeta S Bahl – Mountaineer
· Dr Upasana Arora – Medicine (Director of Yashodha Super Speciality Hospitals)
· Vidya Shah – Musician
-Nidhi Chadha- Omaxe
– Upasna Taku (Chairperson and COO of Mobikwik)
Credit for organising the glittering event goes to Mrs Ratan Kaul (founder president, Public Diplomacy Forum) a well-known figure in New Delhi’s diplomatic circles, Dr Aruna Oswal along with Ms Riya Rastogi (CEO of Risa)
Explaining the idea of the awards, Riya Rastogi said the focus was on rewarding and recognising women who are breaking the bias by excelling in their respective domains.
The event was presented by JPIN, which is building the world’s largest start-up investment bank and created the world’s next decacorns ($10bn+). It is currently the largest cross-border start up investment bank between UK and India. It is focused on the Impact Investment angle with an emphasis on Women Empowerment.
The evening was graced by mountaineer Sangeeta Bahl, Dr Aarti Vij of AIIMS, Chairman of L’opera Kazem Samandari, designer Ashima Singh, digital influencer Sakshi Sindhwani, Shaunali Nanda and Manisha Bhatia.
For more stories that cover the ongoings of Delhi NCR, follow us on: