The Kashmiri Pheran is a loose, long-sleeved traditional garment worn by men and women in the Valley, and have now made a prominant space in the wardrobe of North India.
To keep with the ever-expanding style trends, it has today evolved to meet the demands of those who want their fits to be traditional and aesthetic.
The traditional pheran is long one, below the knees, but modern variations of it are shorter and smarter. The patterns, fittings and features have evolved according to new styles but the embroidery and intricate design still remains the same because pherans are known for them.
Delhi has a number of shops that offer a wide variety of pherans.
1. The Kashmir Hub: A shop owned by a merchant from Kashmir, selling authentic items from the valley, hosts authentic pherans. With its attractive collection, The Kashmir hub, also has shawls, suits, and food items called Zabar foods, including Kehwa, among others. In its pheran collection, it has a range of Tosha, Pashmeena, Raffle, Velvet and Wool fabrics. A variety of embroidery such as Aari, Sozni, Tilla Work, Zari and machine work is done on pherans to make it authentic.
Prices ranges from Rs 1,000 onwards to Rs 10,000 according to the quality of work.
Where :207, Main Road, Zakir Nagar, Okhla, New Delhi-25
2. S Paul Brothers: Located at Janpath Market near Connaught Place, they have a perfect collection for daily wear or casual wear pherans. Outside the shop, colourful pherans shine with cool designs from the Ambi Embroidery machine work, creating a stylish vibe. The vibrant hues and intricate patterns make a trendy fashion statement. Here, one can discover a wide array of beautiful and vibrant colors to elevate your style and add a touch of charm.
With fixed prices set at an affordable Rs 850, these stylish Pherans offer an unbeatable combination of cool designs and budget-friendly options.
Where : 44, Janpath Market, New Delhi-1
3. Vikas Collections: At Vikas Collections, apart from regular pherans, they have party wear for fashion enthusiasts. They have beautifully modernised the traditional look of Pherans and given it a modern touch with a huge variety made up of fabrics like cashmilon, acrylic wool, rayon and ruby cotton. Pherans made up of these fabrics are hard to find in Delhi.
Prices range from Rs 900 to 1,600.
Where : 66, M.M Janpath Market, New Delhi-1
4. Ludhiana Woolen Sales: Dive into the captivating array of Pherans, showcasing a vibrant palette and expertly crafted from a mix of luxurious acrylic wool and velvet that are perfect for winter season. They offer a reasonable starting price at Rs 650.
Where : 901, Chitli Qabar Market, Darya Ganj , New Delhi-2
5. Craft Bazaar: The collection caters to diverse tastes and is surprisingly budget-friendly, starting at an affordable Rs 1,500. Whether you’re looking to make a statement at a social event or simply embrace everyday chic, these trendy Pherans offer a versatile and fashionable choice for those seeking both flair and affordability.
Where : 72C, Near gate no 2, Lajpat Nagar Market, New Delhi-24