With so many gourmet choices in Delhi-NCR, the competition is high among eateries. So restaurants periodically come up with special promotions for a limited period of time, offering dishes beyond the usual fare on their menus. Here are some tempting offers in the coming week, starting with the most exotic – Tunisian cuisine!
This week-long promotion of Tunisian cuisine has visiting chefs Mounir Arem and Mohamed Ali Abouda presenting their native cuisine, known for its Mediterranean and Saharan influences. There are buffets for brunch and lunch and a special a la carte selection for dinner.
The selection of authentic Tunisian delicacies you can savour are Poulpo Salad, Houria, Tunisian Tajines, Couscous, traditional stews such as Mermez, Chakchouka and Market Jelbana and classic desserts like Kaak Ouarka and Datte Farci.
When: December 2-9
Where: Taj Palace, Sardar Patel Marg Buffet lunch – Rs 2,350 plus taxes per person, Sunday Brunch – Rs 2,900 plus taxes per person
Look beyond dimsums as the restaurant hosts a “Best of China” festival this December. An array of warm soups, spicy rolls, fiery mains and drool-worthy desserts will banish the winter chills.
from the menu:
• BBQ Wonton Soup: Clear chicken soup, BBQ chicken chunks and wonton dumplings
• Talumein Soup: Veg-packed Chinese soup
• Toong Tong: Deep-fried minced chicken stuffed wonton sheet pocket
• Fresh Lettuce Roll: Crunchy, fresh veg roll wrapped in Chinese cabbage
• Duck Roll: Slow-cooked sliced duck rolled sheet
• Cumin Pork: Crisp sliced pork, tossed with cumin and fresh Thai chilli, coriander and spring onion
• Kung Pao Prawn: A spicy, stir-fried Chinese dish made with prawn, cashew nuts, vegetables, and chili pepper
• Shanghai Wok Tenderloin: Grilled shredded tenderloin in hoisin sauce, broccoli florets
• Burnt Garlic Capsicum Fried Rice: Burnt garlic flavoured capsicum wok fried rice
• Mapo Tofu: A popular Chinese dish from Sichuan province consists of tofu set in a spicy sauce
• Spinach & Mushroom Spicy Noodles: Wok-tossed assorted mushroom and spinach spicy noodles
• Dan Dan Noodles: Sesame flavored vegetables soupy noodles. Wok-fried mix of jasmine rice and noodles with a touch of Sichuan
• Chocolate Date Roll: Chef’s special rolled chocolate, deep fried with choice of ice cream
You can pair these dishes with extensive wine list: red wine, rose wine, sparkling wine and white wine for a perfect winter affair.
Where: Crowne Plaza Today, New Delhi Okhla
When: December 1 to 15
Price: Rs 2,200 plus taxes for two
Timings: 12:30-3 pm, 7-11:30 pm
At Café on 3, Master Chef Rejimon has been specially flown in from Crowne Plaza Kochi for a one-day ‘Kerala Kitchen’ extravaganza. Known for reviving forgotten recipes, he has an array of his signature dishes on offer like ‘Kane Porichathu’ (deep fried lady fish infused with spices), Pineapple Rasam (green chilli infused pineapple soup) and Seafood Thenga Pal Soup (mix seafood broth with coconut milk).
Some of his starters are delightful, like Seafood Vada Masala and Vazhapoo Cutlets (made with banana flower and mashed potatoes). He makes sure you try Appam, Idiappam, Malabar Paratha and Puttu with Kadala Curry, veg and chicken stew. Do not miss Suriyani Kozhi Pidi made Syrian Christian style with rice dumpling curry. Round off with a traditional dessert.
When: Until 8 December
Where: Holiday Inn Mayur Vihar Noida
Price: Dinner buffet: Rs 1,900 plus taxes, Time: 7-11 pm
Dum Maro Dum
For four days, Monday to Thursday, from 4 to 7 pm, a bowl full of crisp Peri Peri Fries can be had for just 10 bucks. Of course, you still have to order some other food or beverage item from the menu. What’s tempting is that you can get yourself as many servings as you want on each table @10 each.
When: December 10-13
Price: Rs 1,000 plus taxes for two